Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Feeling the Love

I just had the best weekend!! Simon was gone all week on a spiritual retreat, so I got to have even more one on one time with my girls.. So the nights he was gone, the girls and I would do a "special thing since papa is gone ". They got to fall asleep with me on the couch, and then I would take them to bed. So on Thursday night Simon calls and is just telling me about how much he misses me and doesn't think he's gonna be able to make it the rest of the weekend, I thought "Awww! he misses me! " (He's gone on several business trips but has always been so busy that he didn't get the chance to REALLY miss me, or atleast mean it when he told me, hahaha!). So i thought that was just awesome that he was miserable because he missed me soo much. ;-). That night the girls were falling asleep on the couch while I held them and they tell each other they "I love you", grab hold of each others hands and fall asleep! (awww) and then simultaneously in their sleep they let go of each others hands and each of them grab my hand!! (tear, tear!! sooo beautiful!!) so I waited a little longer before I took them to bed that night! So Friday comes along and Simon calls and says "I'm on my way home, pack you and the girls up we're gonna go somewhere!!!" WHAT!!! AWESOME!! So he takes us to Cincinnati, we drop the girls off at my brother-in-law's(and his wife) place and we go and stay at the HILTON!!! It was amazing! and then on Saturday night we decided to have the girls with us and that to was just incredible! just the boost I needed!! I can't thank God enough for having such an amazing family!! Simon didn't have to take me on a weekend get away, I was happy enough with him going crazy cause he missed me so much! hahah! I love you Simon! I love you Izabella and Nadya!! Thanks you Lord, from the bottom of my heart I am eternally grateful, and owe you BIG time for this awesome family and life you have given me!
The Family enjoying our stay in the hotel! It was soo much fun, relaxing and just getting out of the house was a bonus! hahaha!

4 comments:

Robin said...

A weekend away sounds so nice! We are getting one in a week and a half!!
That is so great that Simon missed you so much! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Joel, Hillary, Camden and Kendall said...

Hey Rene! I miss you and have missed reading your updates! :) Joel will be required to read this blog pronto and then you can expect to hear about our weekend away that he plans for me really soon! ha! How sweet of Simon....getting away always recharges you and makes for a better mommy and wife! Love you much!
Hill

The Hodges Family said...

rene....tear! :) this blog is so precious, i love hearing your stories, so much. I'm so happy you got to have a get away...that a boy simon :) and your girls on the couch, SOOOOOOOOO sweet. i miss and love you very much...yearly trip anyone? :) i wish we were rich, we'd be coming to visit again so soon! dang...I love you!

Jeanne said...

Yeah Simon-- good move:) that was so awesome to read! Love you guys and love the detailed stories to make me think/feel that I'm right there with ya! love you and keep your heads up!! You guys are so amazing! xoxo